It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
Beauty and Safety are More than Skin Deep
FCA US LLC vehicles, systems and components are engineered, tested and manufactured to protect vehicle occupants based upon both government mandated and internal corporate requirements relative to durability, NVH (noise/ vibration/harshness), occupant protection, and vehicle safety. The overall structural integrity of the vehicle is dependent on its inherent design specifications. Sheet metal and glass are critical elements in the design of specific crush zones that allow the energy of a collision to be absorbed in a predictable way and maximize the effectiveness of the restraint system to protect the occupants. The use of parts not specifically designed and tested by FCA US LLC may compromise the integral balance between these safety systems. Only Genuine Mopar® Replacement Parts and glass are designed, engineered, manufactured and tested to the FCA US LLC internal and government mandated standards and are the only ones equivalent to the originally installed parts.
FCA US LLC does not approve of or recognize structural repair procedures where Authentic Mopar Parts are not used for Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram and FIAT® vehicles. Any repairs performed not using Mopar parts, and not following published repair guidelines and procedures, may expose current or future vehicle owners and occupants to unnecessary risk.
- When restoring a collision damaged vehicle to its original condition, consideration must be given to the following:
- All structural distortion has been identified and corrected using appropriate structural straightening equipment (“frame rack”) and a three dimensional measuring system.
- All damaged panels have been repaired or replaced.
- All replaced panels provide the as-built structural equivalence and corrosion protection of the original panels.
- Unless partial replacement procedures are documented in a FCA US LLC publication, structural panels must be installed in their entirety; partial replacement or “sectioning” of panels may compromise vehicle structure.
- FCA US LLC strictly prohibits the collision repair process of “clipping” — the general practice of clipping would include the sectioning of multiple vehicles at the a-pillar, floor, rocker panel and other locations which contain advanced high strength steel reinforcements. These panels must be replaced at the factory seams when applicable. Risk of improper repair is significant and is not a supported practice.
- FCA US LLC does not support the use or reuse of any structural component which has been removed from a vehicle previously damaged, flooded, burned, scrapped or removed from use for any other reason commonly referred to as “salvage parts.”
While some salvage parts may “appear” equivalent, there can be dramatic differences in the design and functional characteristics which cannot be determined by a visual inspection and which could have a negative effect on the vehicle occupants in a future collision event.
- Salvage components may have been affected by crash impact loads, incorrect, improper or inadequate disassembly and removal procedures, weathering or environmental exposure outside of that expected during normal use.
- Salvage components are not traceable should a component recall be required in the future.
This statement supersedes any previously released information by FCA US LLC. For more information, log on to www.MoparRepairConnect.com. FCA US LLC vehicle lease agreements specify that ONLY Genuine FCA US LLC replacement parts be utilized for collision repairs to the vehicle.
FCA US LLC’S WARRANTY FOR SHEET METAL:
MOPAR COLLISION REPLACEMENT PARTS LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY
This warranty is not transferable to a subsequent owner of the vehicle. FCA US LLC warrants, to the original purchaser only, Mopar Replacement Sheet Metal products, including plastic bumper covers and grilles, against defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the vehicle on which the part is installed. This warranty includes perforation (metal rust-through) due to corrosion in normal use. Replacement sheet metal products which prove to be defective due to perforation (inside-out rust-through only) will be repaired or replaced at the option of FCA US LLC. If the vehicle is eight (8) model years old or more, FCA US LLC may replace the defective part with a comparable salvage part. This warranty covers the cost of parts, labor and paint for replacement parts, including outer-panel sheet metal parts, if incurred as a result of the failure; if pre-approved by FCA US LLC; and if an authorized FCA US LLC dealer originally installed the part. Parts are covered on a replacement basis only, if the original part was sold over-the-counter. This warranty is not transferable.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED: This warranty does not cover corrosion due to fire, accident, vehicle abuse, owner negligence or vehicle alteration; corrosion caused by sand, hail, airborne fallout, chemicals, salt, road hazards or stone damage; or surface paint deterioration or corrosion (other than inside-out perforation).