After a collision, you have a right to request Mopar O.E. parts for your repair.
One of the last things any FCA US LLC vehicle owner wants: Getting into a vehicle collision. But when it comes to the repair process, one of the first things owners should know is that they have the right to have their vehicle repaired with original equipment (O.E.) manufacturer parts.
For an FCA US LLC vehicle, that means Mopar parts.
Mopar O.E. collision parts are the same as the original parts used by the manufacturer when building your vehicle so an owner can rest assured the parts have been tested to the highest standards to ensure proper fit, function and overall safety.
Some insurance companies may prefer to repair an FCA US vehicle with used or aftermarket parts, but we encourage owners to insist on genuine Mopar O.E. parts.
Note: With insurance-covered automotive repair, OEM parts requirements vary by state, and requesting specifically that OEM parts be used in your vehicle repairs often entails paying an additional insurance premium or rider.
Understand Your Insurance Coverage
Just as vehicles and drivers vary, so do insurance policies – from the coverage to repair exclusions.
- Each state has unique minimum liability insurance requirements you must carry.
- In an effort to keep their costs down, insurance companies often try to get body shops to use the cheapest parts when making repairs on vehicles, compromising the safety, performance and resale of your vehicle.
- OEM part requirements vary by state, and requesting specifically that OEM parts be used in your vehicle repairs often entails paying an additional insurance premium or rider.
- What to look for in your policy and how to make sure you have appropriate coverage for your vehicle: https://crashrepairinfo.com/your-insurance-coverage
Be Ready To Document An Accident
It’s not always possible to think clearly about what you’ll need at the scene of an accident. But these handy tools will help you be ready to gather the info you’ll need:
- Download and print a copy of our Accident Report Form and keep a copy in your glovebox
- If you have a smartphone, use the Accident Assistant in the Mopar Owner’s Companion App for iPhone or Android