2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack. The fastest, naturally-aspirated, street-legal muscle car available… and NHRA approved!
The Angry Bee Takes A New Twist On The Dodge Super Bee.
FCA US LLC dealerships are buzzing! The 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 Angry Bee – approved to be modified for competition by the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) – offers legendary Dodge track performance in a street-legal package. Make no mistake: It’s the fastest, naturally-aspirated, street-legal muscle car available.
This Challenger’s name tells the story: “1320” of course refers to the 1,320 feet comprising the quarter-mile at any drag strip. “Angry Bee” plays off the classic Dodge Super Bee logo. Check out those front fenders, Air-Catcher headlamps, and IP/startup splash screen!
Powered by a 392 HEMI V8 engine, the Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 brings 475 lb.-ft. of torque and 485 horsepower to the street. It’ll cover a quarter-mile in 11.7 seconds at 115 mph. Leave it as is and you’re ready for National Muscle Car Association (NMCA) heads-up and bracket racing. Modify it per NHRA rules and it can compete in NHRA Stock Eliminator and Super Stock competitions.
Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 Features
- TorqueFlite 8HP70 Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission – required equipment for the R/T Scat Pack 1320, replacing the standard manual transmission on the Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
- TransBrake – locks the output shaft of the automatic transmission to hold the car stationary before a standing start
- Torque Reserve – works in conjunction with the TransBrake and Launch Control by managing fuel flow to cylinders and controlling spark advance or retard to balance engine rpm and torque to maximize power delivery and launch performance
- Nexen SUR4G Drag Spec 275/40R20 Street-Legal Drag Radials – all-new specially developed tires that deliver exceptional grip and consistency at the drag strip with minimal burnout preparation
- SRT-Tuned Three-Mode Adaptive Damping Suspension (ADS) electronically re-tuned for the Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320
- Includes Drag Mode that, when engaged, optimizes weight transfer to the rear for best launch traction
- Standard Interior Configuration has driver’s seat only to help reduce weight by approximately 114 pounds; front passenger seat and rear seat are available individually as $1 options
- Performance-Tuned asymmetrical limited-slip differential with 3.09 final drive
- Extreme-Duty 41-spline rear axle half shafts adopted from the Challenger SRT Demon
- Line Lock – engages the front brakes to hold the Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 stationary, but leaves the rear wheels free for a burnout to heat up and clean the rear tires
- Launch Assist – uses wheel speed sensors to watch for driveline-damaging wheel hop at launch and, in milliseconds, modifies the engine torque to regain full grip
- Launch Control – controls tire slip during straight-line acceleration
- Low Gloss Black 20 x 9.5-inch aluminum-forged wheels with knurled bead seats to minimize tire slip on the wheel
- Brembo High-Performance Brake Package with four-piston calipers
NEW CHALLENGER R/T SCAT PACK 1320 OWNERS RECEIVE A COMPLIMENTARY ONE-YEAR MEMBERSHIP TO THE NHRA AND THE NMCA. SEE BELOW FOR MEMBERSHIP DETAILS.
NHRA MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES:
- One-year subscription to National Dragster
- Copy of the NHRA Rule Book
- Access to a membership hospitality center at every NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series event
- $10 off tickets to select NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series events
- 10 percent off NHRA merchandise from NitroMall and NitroMall.com
- Official NHRA membership card, collector’s pin and decal
NMCA MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES:
- Complimentary entry to all six NMCA events to compete in the Dodge/Mopar® HEMI® Shootout category
- Onsite drag racing instruction for first-time participants
- Special parking inside the pit area
- NMCA membership card and decals
- One-year subscription to Fastest Street Car Magazine
Vehicle ownership will be verified by calling the SRT Concierge (1-800-998-1110) for memberships to be activated.
CHECK OUT THE 1320 CLUB AT DODGEGARAGE.COM
Show off your official drag strip accomplishments with pride and challenge fellow racers to best their times to earn a top spot on either the Stock or Modified 1320 Club Leaderboard. The 1320 Club lives on DodgeGarage.com, the brand’s digital content hub for racing and car enthusiasts.